Truly a unique yarn! We start with a bulky thick-and-thin single made of our delightfully soft superwash merino wool, and then we criss-cross it with a binder thread (either black or white.) Then the yarn is dyed one of our signature kettle-dyed colorways, and: poof! Something unlike any yarn we've made before, inspired by a particular style of handspun yarn. Caracol knits up into a cozy, fluffy fabric with a ton of texture and visual interest. Simple stitch patterns really let it sing!
Warm winter accessories, big cozy afghans, and stockinette that's far from boring
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. The skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag.
- Weight: Super Bulky
- Texture: plied, thick and thin yarn.
- Yardage/Meters: 90 yards (87 meters)
- Skein weight: 150 grams (5.29 ounces)
- Gauge: 9 sts = 4 inches.
- Recommended needle size: US 13 - 19 or 9 - 15mm
- Recommended hook size: US N/P/15 to P/Q or 10 - 15 mm
- Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool.
- Cares: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water, do not tumble